Wednesday, April 6, 2011

NIA email excerpt...

The CEO of Wal-Mart is now saying that U.S. inflation is “going to be very serious” and that Wal-Mart is already seeing “cost increases starting to come through at a pretty rapid rate.” He predicts that because of huge increases in raw material costs, along with soaring labor costs in China, and skyrocketing fuel costs around the world, retail prices will start increasing at Wal-Mart and all of their competitors in June, especially for clothing and food.




When asked about the predictions of Wal-Mart's CEO, Bernanke said that he expects price pressures to remain largely stable, but then added, "Wal-Mart has more data than the government does." Bernanke was also quoted as saying, "We have to monitor inflation and inflation expectations extremely closely because if my assumptions prove not to be correct, then we would certainly have to respond to that and ensure that we maintain price stability.”

3 comments:

  1. I know this is most likely going to happen but I still don't like hearing it.... just makes me worry...when I know that there is nothing can be done....If I put up enought food for my family...I couldn't stand to see others staving and then most wouldn't they would kill first and steal so I will just leave it Gods hands. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise! I have been thinking about this for months. How could it not get worse when people are paying 4 bucks for a loaf of bread already? I have been trying to educate people here and have 7 families that are starting gardens this year in my neighborhood but most think everything originates at Walmart! and our Walmart? is never stocked, most days you can't even get a bag of tortillas! I don't shop for groceries much but I do buy 25lb bags of flour and boy, I am going to stock up! Thanks for the news, I love getting it from you instead of the Fox channel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, it's going to get a whole lot worse before it even begins to think about getting better, I don't care what Obama and his regime are saying. We praise God daily that He spurned us to be where we are and live how we do and to get out of debt several years ago. Our home is paid for and we have only monthly utilities, property taxes and vehicle and home insurance.

    The one hurt in our pocketbook is gas, my Dh travels 45+ miles round trip to work and we need to use our tractor and other farm related equipment.

    Clothes and Food we'll be okay with, it's the domino effect( the pass the buck game) that will most likely pinch us, but again PTL we're far, far, better off than most,and we try not to complain :o)

    Blessings,
    Kelle

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from all the readers of this blog but have decided to close comments to anonymous users, sorry.