Thursday, December 3, 2015

New life, new friends and good times

Well just to keep you updated if anyone is actually reading this, I sold my house in Alabama and then bought a 3 bedroom house in TN.  My mom is coming to live with me.  She's alone, I'm alone so we'll be alone together, LOL.  It's taking me a while to move as I have to do it when I have time.  Work has been slamming me which is good in one way but bad in another, if you know what I mean.  Getting furniture again is something.  So expensive and I really have to rely on my friends to get it here when I don't buy in a store.  I still need a couch but things are looking better even though I don't have all the boxes and bags unpacked.

I had two dogs for a while but after I got them fixed (one was a female and the other was a male) the female went missing.  Another female showed up a few months later, a black lab mix, and I was going to keep her but she turned out to be more of an attack dog, she attacked the neighbors goats and I couldn't deal with that.  She also was snapping at me so I called the local dog catcher and they came and got her.  I still have the male dog, Buddy and he is a sweety.  I only had the one cat, Tikki, but when I was looking at houses there was one that had some kittens and one of them was black so of course I had to have him.  He is such a lovebug :)  He makes me laugh and I really needed to do that since I was under pressure with buying the house.  Now that I am in the new house, Buddy is outside and the cats are inside.  I tried to have Buddy in here but he decided that the carpet was yard and did his business several times even after being corrected about it and he chased the cats all over.  Like have wild kingdom in the house... so he is outside and he likes it out there.  Although he has to stop barking at the deer.  The guy that hooked up my internet was surprised at how happy Buddy was to see him.  Well he called him Buddy when he saw him so of course he's his friend now :)  Maybe I should have picked another name?

Getting everything out of the storage shed is a bummer.  There were mice in there.  They didn't get into my yarn thanks to having storage bins made out of cedar chips but they got into the cardboard boxes and pooped everywhere.  Such a mess.  Of course having everything in the shed for two years didn't help either but I am slowly cleaning things up and putting them away which is why it's taking me so long to get things put away here.

Well will close for now,
Hope you all have a good one!


1 comment:

  1. Ah, the stress of moving and starting over again. I have done that. Sorry to hear about the lab mix. They tend to be such loving dogs. It sounds like you are settling in though. Keep posting and keep us updated.


I love to hear from all the readers of this blog but have decided to close comments to anonymous users, sorry.