Monday, September 13, 2010

And It's a Home Run for the Sourdough!

The zucchini bread was wonderful!  It rose enough to make two really nice loaves.  DH liked it and so did I.  I modified the recipe.  Here it is:

Zucchini Bread

Preheat oven to 350.

3 eggs     2 cups sugar     2 teaspoons vanilla    2 cups shredded zucchini
2 cups flour        1 cup sourdough      1/2 teaspoon salt      2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup chopped nuts     1 cup raisins    8 oz crushed pineapple drained    1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Mix it all together and put into 2 4x8" greased loaf pans.  Bake for one hour.


And here's the lemon blueberry square recipe that I modified:

Lemon Blueberry Squares

Preheat oven to 350.

2 eggs     1 cup sugar     1 teaspoon lemon juice    1 cup sourdough    1 tablespoon lemon zest
3/4 cup blueberries     1/4 teaspoon salt    1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Grease 8x8" pan.  Mix ingredients together.  Pour into pan and bake 25 minutes if using fresh blueberries or 35-40 minutes if using frozen blueberries.  Cool completely and dust with convectioner's sugar or just serve warm with milk on top.

*Tossing blueberries and raisins with a teaspoon of flour will lessen them from sinking to the bottom of the pan.

The crushed pineapple was a weird ingredient and I wasnt sure I would like it.  I'm not too crazy about pineapple but it tasted really good.  The pineapple makes it more moist and if you noticed there is no oil/butter in either recipe.

I won't be experimenting for a couple of days so everyone will have to wait for my next cooking excursion...I know you are sitting on the edge of your seat. lol.

Talk to ya later!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all the readers of this blog but have decided to close comments to anonymous users, sorry.