On Saturday I canned six pints of pickled beets from the beets I got in Ethridge. I made extra pickling juice cause it just didn't seem like enough so I made double. I used the extra leftover juice to make pickled eggs. And I picked more blueberries...I see a theme here. I haven't done anything with them yet but I will and will post what I make with them.
Sunday was not a very good day. It was raining well actually misting and I had the window open cause it was warmer inside than out. I had a puzzle that I had glued and apparently when it gets humid these things curl up, maybe I should have put it in a frame, anyway I had it on my fireplace mantel. It was pretty and it was in back of some breakable things. Yep you guessed it. Puzzle curled up and breakable things went down on the ceramic tiles that are in front of the fireplace. I had glass everywhere. And to make matters worse, one of the things that broke was a temperature thingy that I got for hubby for his birthday. It was filled with liquid and had these little globes in it that had a temperature on each of them. When I started to clean it up it smelled like kerosene. Yuck. Then I was worried about the floor. We had laid a laminate floor not too long ago and all I could think was this liquid whatever it is will eat through the finish. So here I am mopping it up with my cleaning clothes. I almost went through all my cleaning clothes. I wasn't going to try to clean them what with the glass and the liquid all over them. What was weird was the little globes did not break! So I saved them. Maybe we can use an old jar and put them in regular water...don't know if that will work or not but we'll try it and see. Guess I'll have to get hubby something else to make up for the broken temperature thingy.
I found a pic of the temperature thingy but the one we had was on a base but its the same otherwise. Kinda cool thing and hubby liked it. It did work too. Doggone