Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Thomas Jefferson

Our third President, Thomas Jefferson, had some good advice:

"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as a sorry state as the souls who live under tyranny."

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."

One of my very favorite presidents is Thomas Jefferson.  He was a very interesting person and I would have loved to have met him along with Benjamin Franklin and George Washington.  I'm going to be reading Benjamin Franklin's autobiography.  I understand he like to take air baths in later years.  Sitting nude in front of an open window...Hmmm I wonder if that was on the first floor or second of his home LOL.  Gave those faint of heart ladies something to see I'm sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all the readers of this blog but have decided to close comments to anonymous users, sorry.