Friday, April 25, 2014

Cancer update

Hubby had a stomach tube placed last week and the feedings were going great but on Monday he complained in the afternoon of stomach pain and his leg being swollen so I took him to the ER.  They admitted him and did lots of tests.  He had a blood clot in his leg and one near his kidney.  His stomach tube was OK although he was dehydrated because of the diarrhea (from the tube feedings).  He had two units of blood transfusion on Wednesday and they kept him because of his low white count until today.  He is now getting his chemo and after it is done he gets to go home YAY.   I'm rather tired.  Don't know why :)

I went home yesterday early and called my friend and she and her husband delivered some more wood to get us through some of the chilly nights.  I don't want DH to get too cold.  Bless our friends.  They have really come through for us...

Last night I heard something strange outside.  The cats make noise but this sounded different.  I went out with my flashlight.  I bring the chicken feeder up on the porch at night and here was a furry butt sticking up out of the middle.  I told Mr. furry butt to get out of the feeder and here it was a raccoon. I guess he thought the jig was up cause he got down and jumped off the porch.  I put the feeder in the house.  No more free food for him...I don't need a raccoon around.  I thought we had a possum.  We had some tracks in the chicken yard and the feeder was dragged under the chicken coop so that's why I started putting the feeder on the porch.  That worked for a while but Mr. furry butt is just a bit too smart for me LOL.  And the cats didn't even do anything when he was there...nice...I have the worst guard cats in the world ;)

Well that's all for now,



  1. Continued prayers for your Hubby. Your friends sound wonderful. We too get raccoons in the cat food. We have to bring it in every night. They too, will jump up on the cars and just watch the raccoons.

  2. Hi Denise,
    Goodness you sure have your hands full. Hope hubby is doing better and feeling better, that must have been scary. So glad he is home again and you have such nice friends to help you out. I will keep you in my thoughts.
    Hugs Nancy Jo

  3. Hi Denise,
    It's been a while since your last post but want to let you you know I'm sending prayers up for your husband and you.

  4. Sorry that came up on my husbands account. It's Cheryl from Cottage Times.


I love to hear from all the readers of this blog but have decided to close comments to anonymous users, sorry.