Saturday, June 12, 2010

Taco casserole

I wanted to make something the other day and made a taco casserole.  Here's how I did it.  I used about a cup of rotisserie chicken, handful of yellow sweet peppers, handful of chopped onion, can of diced tomatoes, half a jar of salsa, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, four tortillas.  This makes enough for two people with a little left over.  Grease a small baking dish 8x8.  Saute the onions and peppers in olive oil adding seasoning (your choice, I used salt and pepper since I was using the medium salsa) when the onions turn translucent, add chicken and cook just til warmed through.  Meanwhile in a bowl mix togethe the diced tomatoes and the salsa.  Take the salsa mixture and spoon into the bottom of your baking dish then add a layer of tortillas (I used two since the baking dish was small) then add your meat mixture and a layer of cheese.  Do another layer in the same sequence as before ending with a topping of cheese.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes.  Serve with additional salsa if desired.  It turned out great and my hubby loved it.  Somehow the leftovers disappeared when I wasnt looking...;)





I didnt get a pic of it out of the oven.  I think this would be especially good with mango salsa and the recipe is easily doubled or tripled.

Hope you like it!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all the readers of this blog but have decided to close comments to anonymous users, sorry.