Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day!

To all my Canadian followers/readers!  I had to look this holiday up cause I wasnt sure what it was.  Here is what I found on Wikipedia.

Canada Day (French: Fête du Canada), formerly Dominion Day (French: Le Jour de la Confédération), is the national day of Canada, a federal statutory holiday celebrating the anniversary of the July 1, 1867, enactment of the British North America Act (today called the Constitution Act, 1867), which united three British colonies into a single country, called Canada, within the British Empire.[1][2][3] Originally called Dominion Day, the name was changed in 1982, the year that Canada gained full independence from the United Kingdom. Canada Day observances take place throughout Canada as well as internationally. 

Sounds a lot like our Fourth of July celebration, doesnt it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all the readers of this blog but have decided to close comments to anonymous users, sorry.