Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nice pic of the fence huh?

Tikki caught rolling in the freshly seeded plot...

Lucy looking for trouble

and she might have found it.  Tikki getting close (sorry couldnt flip the pic).

And closer...

Martha looking lovely as usual.

I see you!

Lettie RIP died today 11/16/11.

Lucy...

And another of Lettie

 Lookin' good...

Lettie died today and we buried her in the backyard before the rains came.  She had been sick for some time but had been feeling better the last couple of days but this morning we found her outside the coop.  She is the first chicken we have lost.  We will miss her.  She was a good layer.

3 comments:

  1. Nice, nice pictures. I so envy you your country life. BTW, have added you to my linked blogs over on mine. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry yo hear about your good laying hen...bet she is still laying in heaven. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stephen! Actually I live in a subdivision so not so country. And thanks for adding me to your linked blogs too!

    Trish, I bet she is laying loads of them. She was sick for a while and I felt so bad for her but there's not much you can do for a sick chicken. I think maybe an egg either got stuck up in her or one broke...poor thing. She was eating and drinking though and actually seemed to be feeling pretty good the day before. Things like this you have to get used to with farm animals though.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from all the readers of this blog but have decided to close comments to anonymous users, sorry.