Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Updating my food intake

I have been reading a book that I would like to recommend to EVERYONE to read.  It is so interesting and scared the crap out of me.  The name of the book is Sweet Deception by Dr. Joseph Mercola and Dr. Kendra Degen Pearsall.  It's all about the artificial sweeteners and FDA.  You must read this book.  I havent even gotten through the whole thing and it scared me so much I pulled out all of my stuff in my pantry and started checking labels.  I had been cutting out high frutose corn syrup but most of what I pulled from my pantry was stuff with MSG in it.  I had just been eating some chips and cheese and when I checked the label of the cheese yep it had MSG in it.  I just ate the cheese for two days and my ankles were swelling up.  This has happened before but I just blamed it on the fact that I'm so fat.  In the trash it went and I have sworn off my Tostito cheese. 

I also dont eat anything with Splenda.  If you read the book, you will see why. 

If you are interested in finding out more about MSG, please check out the website truth about MSG.  It has so much info on there. 

It amazes me that the population believes everything that these companies say when they are just trying to MAKE MONEY and dont really care about you or your family.  It's all about the bottom line, folks.

My hubby and I are going to start using less and less processed foods and more and more of our own veggies and homemade things. 

Talk to ya later!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all the readers of this blog but have decided to close comments to anonymous users, sorry.