Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We have rain...

Yesterday DH decided to wash some of his work clothes and hang them out on the line.  Then it started to rain and then we lost our electricity for about an hour and a half.  He was going to run out and get them but I said no just let them out there they are soaked and they might dry before dark.  Hmmm. Guess what?  They did dry a little cause they werent dripping when I brought some of them in so he had something to wear to work today but they took a full 45 minutes in the dryer.  So much for saving money.  Anyway we left the rest of the clothes out on the line overnight thinking that they would be dry by about noon and you guessed it...it's now pouring out.  Rain water softens everything right?  These clothes are going to be the softest ever!  Looks like I'll be bringing them in this evening and putting them in the dryer.  Cant complain to much about the rain though and it has definitely cooled down.  The chicks are very happy. 

Cant understand why DH was grumpy yesterday.  Kept mumbling something about grass cutting...

1 comment:

  1. Denise,
    Youa re always cooking up something good. I have comapny comming for the whole weekend I could use you here.
    I wish I was into canning, but I'm afraid I would get all those pretty jars lined up and then not want to use them because they look so nice on the shelf. HA.
    Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from all the readers of this blog but have decided to close comments to anonymous users, sorry.