Sunday, January 23, 2011

Knit alert!

Yes I finally finished the skirt that I started knitting in the summer.  The waistband was kind of freaking me out but it turned out pretty nice.  In my journey to use up old stuff, I used an old waistband from some worn out underwear (shh dont tell).  The underwear I cut up for rags and I am really hating to throw out something useful and the waistbands were not in bad shape, still stretchy so I used one of them for the skirt.  The skirt itself was a really dull knit after all the interesting bells and lace at the bottom - just straight knitting up to the waistband.  I inserted the elastic and sewed the top down about an inch for the elastic casing.  Cant wait until it gets warm enough to wear it.I have some other knit things going on and will post them as I complete them...

Talk to ya later!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all the readers of this blog but have decided to close comments to anonymous users, sorry.